The wonderful things about voting in a small town:
- People wave to you and smile when you are walking towards the building and when you depart,
- The senior citizens who smile, ask your name, cross it off the list, and monitor the system,
- The children playing in the school classrooms waiting for parents,
- The paper ballet and pens - that can be replaced (and therefor destroyed) if you make a mistake,
- The air of calmness, thoughtfulness, and respect that permeates,
- That each person who is there when you are, does not advocate for a candidate, instead there is the camaraderie that yes we all voted together - we love our country.