Love and Breathing

The best of news today! 
This morning, we were able to see the scans and it was immediately noticeable - so was the smile on the doctor's face. The tumors have reduced from 25-50%! As Jim's sister Cathy, a former oncology nurse, told me "even no change would have been a good result". We were over the moon. What a wonderful start to Spring!


The rest of the day we've been in the chemo ward where Jim continues to amuse the nurses and uplift the environment - not that the place is dour, far from it. Despite all the linoleum, contraptions, tubes, and wires the folks here personalize it with messages of hope and love. The two "breathe" signs (can you find the second?) below really resonated with me today.


So you might wonder what a good scan means when one has Stage 4 cancer, it means we continue on this medical path. We keep with the plan, chemo, exercise, good friends and family, positive thoughts and prayers, and thoughtful approaches to nutrition and supplements. Then another scan in about 2 or 3 months.


And yes, I can breathe again while Jim is planning his bicycling routes for the warmer months. 😄



Comments

  1. Wow, what a relief! I'm so happy to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this feeling with my mom. I cried. Holding you in a big bear hug, because this is indeed good news. Thank you for keeping us updated. Surely we all have you in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb - I am gratefully hugging you back! <3

      Delete
  3. The angels (like your mom and dad and my mom) LOVE Jim and want him to keep on going. Jim has loads more loving, skiing, building, and laughing ahead! He’s inspiring all of us with his optimism and joyfulness. Sending you a huge hug and so very happy that you are breathing again! Love, g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Giovanna, I can't help but feel the same! Love you!

      Delete
  4. Happy happy happy happy happy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts