New Year's 2020

December 31, 2019

Perhaps I'm being morbid, strike that, I'm being morbid.

However, when the person you love most in the world seems close today, that is not the time to close one's eyes. In fact I would advise, open them WIDER!

Fully observe, fully listen. What I perceive is the way to proceed is not always the way of my love. I may say this bone broth is healthier, or take your vitamin D, or can you really ski for 4 hours when you sleep every day, and you may say - no to bone broth, yes to vitamin D, and damn it all, I rather die on the mountain than not ski.

I am like a person trying to find a lost article in a darkened bar.

And then there it is.

My heart has broken and splintered like ice on and not quite frozen enough. Celebrating the upcoming year - no I cannot - because I fully recognize by year's end you may not be at my side.

Shall I celebrate the year past?

No, I think not, it brought so many ups and more downs.

Can I celebrate our love -yes, yes, YES!

This year taught me the depths of our love: how when I was hospitalized you were always there; how when our world changed and you were ill I could find hope; how when your strength failed and I needed to be stronger I could; how when the impossible needed to be done and all seemed to desert us, then I could find my mother's strength (with gratitude that my brothers Bob and Dave, came through like cavalry in the night).

My only wish as this year changes into next, that the miraculous could happen and together we could welcome the year after this.

Comments

Popular Posts