Birthday in the Year of Covid-19

March 30, 2020
Oh my gosh! Out of the ashes!

It has been the most amazing birthday. I really was not looking forward to it because of everything that is happening at the moment but I was incredibly and delightfully surprised. I have been overwhelmed and grateful for all of your well wishes! So many wonderful blessings including being graced by this beautiful poem by Verandah Porche whose words always makes my heart leap:
OUR LATE MARCH
sugarmakers wash down
the season
and count their crop
for love unmasked or gloved
it's a good year for stay-at-home
slow-motion sweetness
leaves stretch the table
we feast six feet apart
not under
—Verandah Porche 
The day began with my awesome, now virtual exercise group - Nancy, Elin, Shelley, Diana, and others! Then it got truly underway when I recieved a text from my godson/nephew Ben who returned this morning from service in Afghanistan. He's on his way today to Fort Bragg and his Mom and one of his sisters, Julia, as he'll be quarantined and will require a support person for the duration.
Zoom exercise group
Afterwards but before the rain came, I walked the dogs through our entire neighborhood and into the forest.
Into the forest
When I returned, my best husband in the world Jim along with my wonderous daughter Tegan (who will not visit us) surprised me with a FaceTime Happy Birthday party where Tegan made & delivered my favorite cake, assisted Jim in shopping remotely, and together with Lucas, we celebrated. Jim and Tegan along with my awesome siblings Joan, Theresa, Steve, Daniel, Mary, Robert, Dave, and SIL Joanne, Tammy, Patti Kennedy created a Zoom video Brady Bunch style singing happy birthday complete with a blooper reel, then phone calls from family and friends to include a frog video from my SIL Cathy (my favorite time is when they return).

Happy Birthday video

Happy birthday outtakes!

Jim and I FT with my just turned 11 year old niece Josie - we are twins of different generations - and her Dad my brother Dave who looks so much like my Dad! To cap it off Kelly and Tegan just stopped by, we danced our 6 feet apart as they gifted me with a garden angel and tomato seeds. I am a lucky woman. I love you all and am so incredibly grateful for your love, creativity, and outreach.

Comments

Popular Posts