It's the Week. Covid-19

April 8, 2020

This week has been particularly tough for me emotionally.
It's the week the government has been telling us to prepare for a rough few weeks, expecting deaths and Covid cases to rise.
It's the week I see more and more folks posting about loosing loved ones—some due to Covid, some unknown, or expected.
It's the week that we've been self-isolating for over 3 weeks and have not been able to hang out with Tegan in that length of time and it has sunken in that this may last a very long time.

It's the week that we've all added face masks to wearing gloves to the stores as well as wiping and cleaning everything.
It's the week I've had to go to the drugstore to pick up two prescriptions with the first visit finding the CVS closed and surrounded by hazmat teams.
It's the week that even the visiting nurses are no longer visiting so that all of Jim's appointments are now on the phone.
It's the week that I removed two ticks which utterly freaked me out.
It's the week that I once again cleaned the house top to bottom and scoured any groceries coming in until my hands are dry and red and sore.
It's the week I washed, repeatedly brushed, and then spent all of one afternoon giving the dogs haircuts since we never were able to go to our appointment March 25.
It's the week that I get more and more people looking for puppies but I'm not sure I can or should breed this Spring.
It's the week that my hair has grown so much I look like an unsheared spaniel.

It's the week that despite moving more than ever and tracking everything I eat, my weight just seems to have a mind of its own and not in a good way.
It's the week Kim volunteered and began teaching our morning exercise group!
It's the week Jim slept a lot, but ate a bit more. It's the week that once the sun came out we were able to sit together on the back porch.

It's the week we watched Tiger King, and I had bad dreams, and I realized that watching that and murder mysteries keep me up at night.
It's the week I struggled to keep meditating but I keep on trying.

It's the week Wendi visited and brought us delicious custom dinners, one for me, one for Jim, that lasted three days!
It's the week that the DeMarle family had our first Zoom get together and the Reda family had our second.
It's the week that 5 year old grand daughter Satori called twice and Facetimed all sorts of icons and animated figures as well as showed us how she can jump off her swing set in California.

It's the week I bought and received a new Samsung tablet for BREAKAWAY training.
It's the week I found out that we will not be going to Guatemala but I'll be delivering all of the training online.
It's the week I've dug in and begun restructuring all of the training and feel good about it.

It's the week that the ice broke away from the edge of the pond and the soil dried up enough for me to turn over 8 garden beds by hand and plant peas, lettuce, and spinach.

It's the week I can't seem to find garden seeds to order from any retailers but I did make my first curbside pick-up pet food order.
It's the week the owl returned to our pond and Jim and I have been able to sit outside and watch it as it watches us.
It's the week the crocuses are in full bloom and colt's foot is bursting out.

It's the week the dog toy bin broke and the coffee table did too adding to the ceiling damage, the porch damage, the window damage, and the car light going on.
It's the week I realized I need help at home and yet no one can come.
It's the week UPS finally found and returned the package they lost—one of the tiny paintings that needs to go to Giovanna appropriately entitled “In the Darkest Places: Miracles Hold”.
In The Darkest Places: Miracles Hold", 6"x6", oil on canvas, Feb. 2019
It's the week the spiritual adviser called and I felt comforted.
It's Easter week with Palm Sunday, Holy Monday, Holy Tuesday, Tenebrae, Holy Thursday (Last Supper), Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter.
It's the week that is a year after the most terrifying week of my life, when Jim and I had tried to go across country, got stranded in Gettysburg as Jim first became really sick and was hospitalized and had surgery.
It's a year to the week that I found I was able to do more than I thought I ever would be able to in my life, and my brothers drove all the way down to help me when I was at the end of my rope, and on Easter morning Jim was released from the hospital and into my care.

It's the week I drew a chalk rainbow at the end of our drive and I prayed.





Comments

  1. Tough week with some highlights.Praying that you and Jim have more highlights in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ann, Thank you for this heartfelt opening up! We know that you have courageously endured more than anyone should have to. But you, who was already an amazing giving and deep woman, have grown even deeper and stronger. I love your looking toward toward growth, spring, simple shared moments. And I am sure more miracles will be coming your way! So many gifts, so much love! Enjoy the sitting outside. Consider hiring Uber to pick up prescriptions. Keep doing your grocery sanitizing and enjoy the gift of the nourishing food. Know when you feel alone and people can’t physically visit, that many people who love you and JIM are still there with you. Thank you for sharing your intimate thoughts. They help enrich our lives by helping us connect and share with you. Sending so much love, Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts