What more could I ask for?

April 26, 2020
I have a lot of wishes right now: to hug those I love, to pursue a market safely with a bunch of strangers, to be able to call repair people on so many tasks, to walk into a drug store and feel safe, heck yes to interact with strangers without masks, for my husband to be cured of cancer, for my daughter to hang out with us again sitting, cooking, hugging, with her puppy off leash wrestling with her mom and uncles, to know that Jim’s sons could come at a drop of a hat, for my sister in Canada to be with me when I need her most, oh the list could go on and on. Yet today. It was a beautiful day. I planted seeds, I turned over soil. I breathed in sunlight and bird songs. Our dogs enclosed Jim in love. My beloved nephew called. My daughter did too. I called my aunt who connects me to what is real. Really what more can I ask for in a day?
Going walking with Tegan and Kadee
Planting tomatoes and bitter melons inside the greenhouse that Tegan made me.

Comments

Popular Posts